Saturday, March 25, 2017

Blog 34 Fire place face and curved wall face.

We considered stucco for the front of the wall because there will be a lot of stone on the ground and on the wall. After much thought we are going to go with stone and no stucco.

We considered this  cultured stone for the fireplace.

We asked if we could see this sone on a wall. We went and saw it on a wall. Not sure this color or stone is what we want. It is very different looking at it on the board and in real life.
We compared another cultured stone color (see board on left below) to a real stone veneer (see wall example behind board). That square stone is the blue stone that will be on the ground. This stone veneer is irregular in shape with mortar between the stones.

I asked if I could see this stone veneer up on a wall some where. Here is the same color of stone cut into squares. This color looks much better with our blue stone.
I think we would like the stones closer together with not such deep grout lines.
This stone has corners pieces too.

This may be the way we go. I'm becoming overwhelmed with all the decisions.!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment