Saturday, September 17, 2016

We are not going to talk about kitchen cabinets because I still have not received the drawings for the cabinets. We have to make a decision on outside light fixtures since the electrician is wiring now. Research indicated that if the garage door is 8 feet then the fixture should be 1/3 of that size so we started looking for 32" fixtures.
Way too big!
We found a few fixtures and tried to figure out which ones worked best.
 Here is the old garage. There were no fixtures on the sides of the garage.


Here is the new 2 car garage. I wish I did not change the shape of the garage roof. I liked the original so much better.
Here are some of the fixtures we are thinking about. It is so hard to decide. 
Then we have to decide if it fits on the garage.
Here we are with light fixture sizes cut out on cardboard looking at the sizing. I realize the light is too  high it needs to be beside the garage door.
Here is the fixture we ordered for the garage. I do not like to see bulbs so this works.


While we are deciding this, we realize that the new french doors we added to the 4th bedroom needs light fixtures too. This is easily seen from the driveway and the front. I had asked the electrician to put a can over the door in the sofit (to meet code) but now realize that fixtures on each side would be better.
Here we are trying to decide about size again.

We realize that this size is too small. We decided to do a smaller version of the garage door fixture here by the french doors.

We also need a street light. We selected the same fixture (as on the garage and beside the french doors) to put on a post. Here is what is there now.
Here is what will be there.




Here is the back of the house. We need to do something here too. There are three windows across the top. At each end of the window there is a perfect space for a light fixture. 

This one is too small for the space.


This one is better, but maybe not the right shape for this space.

We still need an idea for this space.










No comments:

Post a Comment